Acting for Camera Academy
LBF Kids & Teens Talent Agency nurtures and supports the creative development of our kids & teens. Classes and workshops are an integral part of the agency, so our young actors understand the expectations of auditions and casting directors, learn and develop their camera skills and grow in confidence. There are 3 different types of workshops:
1. An Acting for Camera Academy running regular classes throughout the year;
2. New Actor Workshops for new actors to the agency;
3. Refresher Workshops to stay connected.
1. ‘LBF Acting for Camera’ Academy alternate SUNDAYS 10am - 12pm: This is a regular ‘Acting for Camera’ Academy running throughout the term on alternate Sunday mornings which is inclusive to those of our actors who live further away AND to those who are too busy on week days to attend after school sessions. Please note it's every alternate Sunday which leaves room for family time. Please note the academy is for LBF actors only. The 10 hour programme is one of a kind - designed for professional kid/teen actors to develop their audition and performance techniques/skills for camera. A two hour intensive programme over five Sundays every term taught by:
Liz BF - Audition Techniques & Script
Alex Hunter - Improvisation
Juliet Furness - Senior Intensive Programme
Junior & Intertermediate Programmes are focused on improvisation, script, camera and audition techniques. Cost $150.
The Advanced Teenage Acting Programme is focused on acting technique and voice and tutored by Juliet Furness, who has 17 yrs experience in acting, teaching and studying in New York & LA Film Schools. Her training is built on innovations from many historical techniques taught in New York such as Meisner, Mamet and The Method which have been distilled and synthesized to fit the modern acting industry. Cost $200.
ACTORS NEED TO BOOK INTO THE FULL PROGRAMME - these are not one off classes. You can book a place by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior 8-10yrs; Intermediate 11-12yrs; Senior Advanced 13-18yrs
2017 Term 4 Session 1 - 22nd Oct Session 2 - 29 Oct Session 3 - 12th Nov Session 4 - 26th Nov Session 5 - 10th Dec
Venue: TAPAC (The Auckland Performing Arts Centre), 100 Motions Rd, Western Springs. Opposite the zoo, on the edge of Western Springs College by the big carpark.
2018: Please note that 2018 classes will be x 8 one hour sessions weekly. Juniors & Intermediates on Saturday mornings & Seniors late Thursday afternoons, in the LBF Studio, 3b, 49 Brown St, Ponsonby.
Junior 8-10yrs; Saturdays 10-11am: 8 x 1 hour sessions, including an audition with a casting director at the end of the term’s programme $150
Intermediate 11-12yrs; Saturdays 11-12pm: 8 x 1 hour sessions, including an audition with a casting director at the end of the term’s programme $150
Senior Advanced 13-18yrs; Thursdays 4.30-5.30pm: 8 x 1 hour sessions including an audition with a casting director at the end of the term’s programme $200
Venue: The LBF Studio, 3b, 49 Brown St, Ponsonby.
2. NEW ACTOR WORKSHOPS: Every actor 6yrs & over is required to attend an Acting for Camera & Audition workshop specifically designed for new actors to the agency. Taught by Liz BF.
Professional headshots for our Actor's Bios are taken at this workshop by professional photographer Caro Ducobu.
The next Wellington NEW ACTOR & REFRESHER WORKSHOPS are in Term 4.
The 2017 Auckland NEW ACTOR WORKSHOPS are SAT 6th May; SAT 5th Aug; SAT 28th Oct; Junior 6-7yrs: 12-1pm; Intermediate 8-11yrs: 1.30 - 3pm; Senior 12-16yrs: 3.30 - 5pm
3. ANNUAL REFRESHER WORKSHOPS: The main purpose of these refreshers is to retain a connection between ACTOR & AGENT. brush up on audition techniques and most importantly for us to see where our actors have travelled to in their creative development since we last worked with them.
Liz BF will be taking these workshops. One of our biggest challenges is to stay up to date with our actors skills & development so we can keep putting them forward for opportunities that are right for them e.g. a child or teen who's more hesitant & unsure at 7yrs or 12yrs, can be presenting a completely different picture a year later. Their developing and growing is so rapid and we need to keep pace with it.
There are 4 each year for 6yrs and over. An LBF actor can go to as many of these refreshers as they choose to. Just email Liz on email@example.com to book in.
Professional headshots to update Actor's Bios are taken at this workshop by LBF's resident photographer Caro Ducobu.
The 2017 Auckland REFRESHER WORKSHOPS are Junior 6-7yrs: 12-1pm; Intermediate 8-11yrs: 1.30 - 3pm; Senior 12-16yrs: 3.30 - 5pm
The next refresher will be just before Term 1 begins, early February 2018.